The Finance and Operations Division supports the Department of Administrative Services in the following areas:
- Accounts Payable processes invoices for payment to vendors that do business with DAS. Accounts Payable also researches vendor inquiries, verifies payment processing codes, and ensures compliance with State Accounting Policies.
- Accounts Receivable bills internal and external customers for services provided by DAS. Bills are produced monthly in an electronic format on eDAS.
- Enterprise CFOs provide financial and budget information in support of the department. This includes preparation of monthly operating reports, annual budgets, SWCAP reports, and GAAP reports.
- The Customer Service Center (CSC) provides a one-stop location for all Capitol Complex customers. The CSC provides a wide range of information – everything from where visitors can park to how to purchase a flag. They also handle service requests for maintenance on the capitol complex and at the Ankeny Labs. They can be reached by phone at (515) 242-5120 or by fax at (515) 242-5974.
Did you know?
The Finance and Operations Division invoices customers over $8 million per month for DAS services.
- Each day the DAS Customer Service Center responds to approximately 100 customer service requests or general information calls.
- Last year the Accounts Payable team processed over 2,300 documents totaling $42 million for capital projects.
- The Finance and Operations Division processed over 48,000 payment documents for fiscal year 2008.
- The Accounts Payable team processed over 45,000 documents totaling almost $78 million in fiscal year 2008.