- The Power of Habit | Mar 5 | in person
Learn how to build healthy professional and personal habits with less effort and greater success.
- Strategies for Work/Life Balance | Mar 7 & May 1 | in person | ATDC
Discover strategies to determine your priorities and how to spend your time.
- Getting Things Done | Mar 19 | hybrid | ATDC
Discover skills to manage the constant flow of tasks by capturing, clarifying, and organizing requests.
- Workplace Harassment | Apr 1 | virtual | LCBDC
Renew your sense of how to engage with colleagues and build your awareness of workplace harassment and prevention.
Enrollment is easy! Visit the Training Enrollment page for more information.
PDS courses are available to State of Iowa employees as well as other organizations, such as county and city government, and the general public.
Unless otherwise specified, training takes place at one of the following locations.
PDS in-person classes:
Hoover Building, 1305 E Walnut St., Des Moines
- Check in at the front desk for a visitors badge. The desk is located in the room of the left side of the lobby.
- Proceed through the double doors in the back right corner of the lobby to the elevators.
- Go down one floor to level A.
- Proceed to the right through the common area. Most training takes place in conference rooms 5 & 6.
PDS virtual classes:
PDS live, virtual courses will be held on Zoom. Links to classes can be found in the LMS.
New Horizons classes:
New Horizons live, virtual courses will be held on Zoom. Links to access classes will be sent directly from New Horizons prior to the date of class.