- Crucial Accountability | Oct 19 | Zoom | MDC
Discover a process to resolve performance gaps and strengthen accountability.
- Power of Habit | Oct 23-25 | Zoom
Learn how to build healthy professional and personal habits with less effort.
- Cultural Competency | Oct 24-25 | Zoom | TDC
Assess cultural knowledge and understand the dynamics of difference.
- Emotional Intelligence | Oct 26 | In person | MDC
Learn what EQ is, how to apply it, and specific tools and techniques for your EQ.
- See additional featured courses
Enrollment is easy! Visit the Training Enrollment page for more information.
PDS courses are available to State of Iowa employees as well as other organizations, such as county and city government, and the general public.
Unless otherwise specified, training takes place at one of the following locations.
PDS in-person classes:
Hoover Building, 1305 E Walnut St., Des Moines
- Check in at the front desk for a visitors badge. The desk is located in the room of the left side of the lobby.
- Proceed through the double doors in the back right corner of the lobby to the elevators.
- Go down one floor to level A.
- Proceed to the right through the common area. Most training takes place in conference rooms 5 & 6.
PDS virtual classes:
PDS live, virtual courses will be held on Zoom. Links to classes can be found in the LMS.
New Horizons classes:
New Horizons live, virtual courses will be held on Zoom. Links to access classes will be sent directly from New Horizons prior to the date of class.