The State Accounting Enterprise (SAE) is committed to promoting the well being of Iowans by providing efficient and effective services and resources so all outreaching State departments can better serve citizens of the state. These services and resources, dependent on the collection and reporting of financial information and the processing of financial transactions, are critical elements needed by every branch of government in order to maintain the quality of life Iowans enjoy.
Need help finding our information? Try the "Helpful Links" at the bottom of this page.
Favorite Travel Links
- In-State Travel - Employee Reimbursable Travel Rates
- Out-of-State Travel - Employee Reimbursable Travel Rates
- Meal Receipt FAQ - Clarification of Common Reimbursable and Non-Reimbursable Items
- Mileage Rate - Employee Reimbursable Mileage Rates
- Online Travel Authorization (OTA) - FAQ Available on OTA Website
Prevention of Human Trafficking Certification
Department personnel are required to verify their In-State lodging facility has completed certification in order to receive reimbursement.
- Go to stophtiowa.org to view certified lodging facilities
- FAQ - Prevention of Human Trafficking - A link to Frequently Asked Questions (Not a DAS website)
Quick Click Topics
- BFY2023 Year-End Close & BFY2024 Open - For State Financial personnel
- I/3 Accounting Documents
- Iowa's Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) - Fiscal Year Ending 2022
- Online Membership Approval (OMA) - Membership Approval & Payment
- Vendor Payment Portal (VPP) - Online Information for Warrants/Checks & Direct Deposit
Open Checkbook | State of Iowa
Iowa’s open checkbook, checkbook.iowa.gov, is an interactive ledger representing the State of Iowa’s ongoing commitment to improving fiscal transparency. This website, managed by the Department of Management, allows you to explore state executive branch expenditures from high level summaries down to checkbook level transactions recorded in the State’s central accounting system through highly interactive charts, graphs, and tables.
- Centralized Payroll
- Manuals, Forms & References
- Offset Program
- Related Links
- SAE Policy & Procedures Manual
- State Financial Reports (ACFR)
- Travel & Relocation
- Warrant Payment Resources
- 1099 MISC Payments
- 1099 NEC Payments