The Space Management is responsible for assignment and tracking of office and storage space, furniture resets, relocation assistance and move management on the Capitol Complex and in leased locations in Polk and contiguous counties. The division is also responsible for developing and maintaining agency space allocation forms and office space standards and guidelines in order to effectively plan and ensure maximization of space utilization for the most efficient use of space.
Space Management Services Include:
Auto-CAD floor plan design to include preliminary construction plans, conceptual plans, furniture plans and electrical/voice/data plans.
- Write scopes and project specifications for construction, furniture projects and furniture resets.
- Supervision and project management of build-out/tenant improvements.
- Change order documentation and authorization.
- Preparation, coordination and management of construction schedules, including general contractor, subcontractors, electrical contractors and state partners.
- Preparation, coordination and management of furniture and move schedules, including furniture delivery, furniture install, installation of data and phone lines, equipment and physical move.
- Review of new or revised signage requirements.
- Periodic site visits to construction and furniture projects and attendance at meetings to monitor progress.
- Coordination and scheduling of move meetings with agency and state partners to keep project on budget and on time.
- Reduce state lease cost be collocating state agencies, utilizing established space guidelines, and reducing energy costs by utilizing state temperature setting guidelines in leased locations.
Agencies may begin the process by following the steps to Request Space on the Capitol Complex or in Leased Facilities
For more information send an email to Barbara.Bendon@iowa.gov or call 515-281-8887.