NOTE: The forms included in this section are intended for managers and supervisors. Although the completed form may originate with the first-line supervisor, unless otherwise permitted by the department, the request form must be submitted to the central office prior to submission to DAS-HRE.
This information is divided into sections for convenience
The Department of Administrative Services' primary rule chapter is 11 of the Iowa Administrative Code.
Individual Classification Actions
Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ) 552-0094
Use this form when an employee/agency requests an occupied or vacant position be reviewed for proper classification.
Changes to the Classification & Compensation System
Please refer to your DAS-HRE Human Resources Consultant for discussion regarding possible requests for changes to the classification and compensation system, including changes to minimum qualification requirements, pay grades, and selectives.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services are provided by KEPRO.
Contact Information: 800-833-3031 www.EAPHelplink.com (Company Code: IOWA)
Solutions is a newsletter for managers, supervisors and human resource staff. Check out the most recent edition on the EAP website.
I-9 Form (Employment Eligibility Verification)
Note: Chrome and Firefox users must right-click and select "Save link as" to download the I-9 form to their computer. The form can then be opened in Adobe Acrobat for completion. Internet Explorer users may click the link to complete the form within the browser, or may save the form to their computer to complete.
- Steps in the Hiring Process 552-0492
- Confidential Personal Data Form 552-0569
- Powerpoint Presentation: Revised DAS Confidential Personal Data Form Information for HRAs
- NEOGOV Resources
- NEOGOV Webinar
From the Iowa General Assembly, Iowa Law site, you can view a codified version of the Constitution of the State of Iowa and various versions of the Code of Iowa. The Iowa Code chapters that govern the department include 8A, 19B, 20, 70A, 97B, and 509A. Select the Code year and then enter the desired chapter number (including the letter) into the chapter field.
- Layoff Plan Merit Covered Employees 552-0752
- SPOC Layoff Plan 552-0753
- Recall and Outplacement Instructions for Merit-Covered Employees 552-0231B
- Retention Point Calculation Worksheet 552-0106
- Sample Layoff Plan - Merit-Covered
- Sample Layoff Plan - SPOC-Covered
- Sample Layoff Letter - Merit Covered
- Sample Layoff Letter - SPOC-Covered
- Sample Recall Letter
- Employee Separation Checklist 552-0666
- Employee Separation Form 552-0772
- Sample Letter of Unauthorized Absence
- Sample Employee Exit Information Questionnaire 552-0711
This section lists the more frequently accessed policies of DAS-HRE and Iowa state government.
- Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Anti-Discrimination Policy
- State of Iowa Employee Handbook
- Employee Assistance Program Policy
- FMLA State of Iowa Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy for Executive Branch Employees
- Substance Abuse
- Substance Abuse Policy Guidelines for Supervisors
- Violence Free Workplace Policy
- PDS website (Includes course catalog)
- Workers' Comp Benefit Election Form
- Workers' Compensation First Report of Injury or Illness
- Workers’ Compensation Provider List
- Alternative Duty Assignment
- Alternative Duty Notice to Employee
Last updated 12/08/2023