The Finance and Operations Division supports the Department of Administrative Services in the following areas:
- Accounts Payable processes invoices for payment to vendors that do business with the four DAS Enterprises and the DAS Core. Accounts Payable also performs research when vendors call, checks the accuracy of coding of payments for processing, and insures compliance with the State Accounting Policies.
- Accounts Receivable bills DAS customers, both internal and external, for services provided by the four enterprises. The bills are produced monthly in an electronic format on eDAS.
- Enterprise CFOs provide financial and budget information in support of the department. This includes preparation of monthly operating reports, annual budgets, SWCAP reports, and GAAP reports.
- The Customer Service Center (CSC) provides a one-stop location for all Capitol Complex customers. The CSC provides a wide range of information – everything from where visitors can park to how to purchase a flag. They also handle service requests for maintenance on the capitol complex and at the Ankeny Labs. They can be reached by phone at (515) 242-5120 or by fax at (515) 242-5974.
Did you know?
- The Finance and Operations Division invoices customers over $8 million per month for DAS services.
- Each day the DAS Customer Service Center responds to approximately 100 customer service requests or general information calls.
- Last year the Accounts Payable team processed over 2,300 documents totaling $42 million for capital projects.
- The Finance and Operations Division processed over 48,000 payment documents for fiscal year 2008.
- The Accounts Payable team processed over 45,000 documents totaling almost $78 million in fiscal year 2008.