You are here

Changes While Employed


To change existing salary reduction, submit a completed Salary Reduction Form to your payroll office

Personal Info

Your name, address, beneficiaries


Provider, Investment mix, Direction of future contributions

Update your personal information

Whenever you have a change to your name, address, or beneficiaries, contact your provider (inactive provider) directly. Your provider will explain the process and forms to complete these changes.


Change investments

You may change your active provider asset allocations at any time (with no fees in most cases) by accessing your accounts online or contacting your provider (see the Provider and Investments for contact information and web access). All participants may choose to sell their current investments and reinvest them in alternative investments within RIC (some provider restrictions and fees may apply). Active employees may leave current assets invested as is and redirect future contributions to alternative investments if they wish.

If you are with an inactive provider, changes may or may not be allowed by phone or internet. Your provider may require that you make your request in writing. Fees and restrictions may apply to these transactions. Contact your inactive provider to ask what is required for making these changes.Return to top


Exchange your provider

A provider exchange refers to the movement of some or all of your RIC assets from one investment provider to another provider in the plan. Check your employer's plan details for possible exchange restrictions.

If you still have assets invested with an inactive provider and wish to make an exchange, be aware that the receiving provider must have an Information Sharing Agreement (ISA) with planwithease or RIC (see list of providers with ISAs) in order to process. Be sure to contact your old provider and ask if there are any fees and/or restrictions on moving your money out.

See Exchanges for more information. Review instructions for completing an exchange.

NOTE: Exchanges between active providers are not recommended unless you have been dissatisfied with your current active provider services or investments over a reasonable amount of time. Investments with some active providers have no restrictions or fees to consider.Return to top


Redirect your future contributions

If you are with an active provider, you may redirect your future contributions to different investments at any time. There are no transaction fees with some of the active providers. You may wish to keep invested assets as they are or reallocate them to different investment options. Contact your provider/advisor or make the changes to your accounts online.Return to top

Education-Related Employers