If you no longer work for the employer sponsoring this plan, you may change:

Personal Info

Your name, address, beneficiaries


ProviderInvestment mix

Update your personal information

Whenever you have a change to your name, address, or beneficiaries, contact your active provider (inactive provider) directly. Your provider will explain the process and forms to complete these changes.

Change your asset allocation

In most cases you may change your active provider asset allocations at any time with no fees. Changes to your accounts may be made online or by contacting your provider (see the Providers and Investments for contact information and web access). Participants may choose to sell their current investments and reinvest them in alternative investments within RIC (some providers may have restrictions or fees). If you are with an inactive provider, changes may or may not be allowed by phone or internet. Your provider may require that you make your request in writing. Fees and restrictions may apply to these transactions. Contact your inactive provider to ask what is required for making these changes. 

Exchange your provider

A provider exchange refers to the movement of some or all of your RIC assets from one investment provider to another provider in the plan. Check your employer's plan details for possible exchange restrictions. If you still have assets invested with an inactive provider and wish to make an exchange, be aware that the receiving provider must have an Information Sharing Agreement (ISA) with planwithease or RIC (see list of providers with ISAs) in order to process. Be sure to contact your old provider and ask if there are any fees and/or restrictions on moving your money out. See Exchanges for more information. Instructions for completing an exchange are available here. NOTE: Exchanges between active providers are not recommended unless you have been dissatisfied with your current active provider services or investments over a reasonable amount of time. Investments with some active providers have no restrictions or fees to consider.


If you have determined that you are eligible for a distribution, follow planwithease instructions to make your request.