The Department of Administrative Services, Division of Human Resources continually announces vacancies by posting on the Iowa jobs webpage. We also advertise through LinkedIn, the Department of Workforce Development, other state offices, and state libraries. Additionally, we sometimes advertise through colleges, at job fairs, and in newspapers. For merit-covered positions, DAS will qualify applications based on the minimum qualifications of the job classification announced for each vacancy. Only qualified applicants will have their names referred on to the hiring state agency.
- Your application for a vacancy must be submitted by the closing date of the posting.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to fully complete ALL employment and education fields within the online application. The application is the primary record for determining your eligibility for employment. You may attach a resume and cover letter to provide information in a different format, but your resume should never include information that is not contained in the application fields. Do not use SEE RESUME in the application fields.
- Resumes are never required for merit-covered positions and not having a resume will not impact your eligibility. Some non-merit positions may request a resume or cover letter.
- If a typing test is required for the vacancy for which you are applying, you must provide verification of your typing score PRIOR to the closing date of the vacancy. If you fail to do this, your name will not be referred out on the applicant eligible list. Please check the vacancy posting for the typing speed required for the position. You only need to submit a typing score once; this score will be kept on file for two years. If you are a state employee currently working in a state job that required a typing score when you were hired, this will meet the typing requirement. Click here for more typing test information.
- When applying for a position, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IS CORRECT. IT IS ALSO YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS POSTED ON THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
- If you meet the minimum qualifications for the vacancy, your application information will be made available to the hiring agency. The hiring agency will review the list of applicants and determine screening and interview procedures. DAS does NOT schedule interviews nor can we tell you where you are in the hiring process. Please contact the Hiring Agency listed on the job announcement for your questions.
- You may choose to unsubscribe from receiving Job Application emails - emails that provide you with your qualification status for each vacancy applied for online through the Iowa.jobs webpage. If you do so, you will need to log into your GovernmentJobs.com account and view your Notices, or click "Applications" and "History" under the vacancy of interest to check your status. You will not receive any emails regarding the qualification status of any position unless you subscribe again - log into your account and enable Job Application emails.
Phone: (515) 281-5889
US Postal Service:
Department of Administrative Services, Division of Human Resources
Hoover State Office Building
1305 E. Walnut St
Des Moines, IA 50319-0150
THE STATE OF IOWA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER