Space Planning, Space Assignment, Relocation Assistance and Move Management
The Space Planning division is responsible for assignment and tracking of office and storage space on the Capitol Complex and in leased locations in Polk and contiguous counties. The division is also responsible for developing and maintaining agency space allocation forms and office space standards and guidelines in order to effectively plan and ensure maximization of space utilization for the most efficient use of space.
To request an increase or decrease in square footage, the agency should complete a Request for Service. If the request is for additional space on the Capitol Complex, the agency will also need to complete the Space Allocation Form. If the request is for leased space, the agency will need to complete the Procedures for Requesting Space along with the Space Allocation form and return the forms to: Barbara Bendon.
We understand the importance of quality service that meets the customer's needs. Customers are encouraged to contact: Barbara Bendon regarding current on-going services or to request new service.
Additional Space Planning and Space Assignment services include:
- Auto-Cad floor plan design to include furniture and new electrical/voice/data requirements;
- Supervision and project management of build-out/tenant improvements;
- Supervision of architectural preparation of drawings and tenant specifications;
- Presentation and approval of final floor plans, specifications and construction budget;
- Oversight of final floor plan modular furniture design to assist the agency in maximizing space efficiencies;
- Change order documentation and authorization;
- Coordination and management of construction schedules including, general contractor, subcontractors, electrical contractors and state partners;
- Daily site visits to construction site and attendance at weekly construction meetings to monitor construction progress & relocation project;
- Coordination and scheduling of weekly move meetings with agency and state partners to keep project on track;
- Preparation and coordination of move schedule and timelines for final floor plan, furniture delivery, furniture install, installation of data and phone lines, equipment and the physical move of the agency;
- Review of new or revised signage requirements;
- Follow up on all punch list items to ensure completion of items;