Space Planning, Space Assignment, Relocation Assistance and Move Management
The Space Planning division is responsible for assignment and tracking of office and storage space on the Capitol Complex and in leased locations in Polk and contiguous counties. The division is also responsible for developing and maintaining agency space allocation forms and office space standards and guidelines in order to effectively plan and ensure maximization of space utilization for the most efficient use of space.
To request an increase or decrease in square footage, the agency should complete a Request for Service. If the request is for additional space on the Capitol Complex, the agency will also need to complete the Space Allocation Form. If the request is for leased space, the agency will need to complete the Procedures for Requesting Space along with the Space Allocation form and return the forms to: Barbara Bendon.
We understand the importance of quality service that meets the customer's needs. Customers are encouraged to contact: Barbara Bendon regarding current on-going services or to request new service.
Space Planning Services Include:
- Auto-CAD floor plan design to include preliminary construction plans, conceptual plans, furniture plans and electrical/voice/data plans.
- Write scopes and project specifications for construction and furniture projects. Phasing of furniture projects and production count and location listing.
- Supervision and project management of build-out/tenant improvements.
- Supervision of architectural preparation of drawings and tenant specifications and obtaining Fire Marshal approval.
- Presentation and approval of final floor plans, specifications and construction budget.
- Manage furniture resets ensuring ADA and egress compliance and verify project is set per plan.
- Change order documentation and authorization.
- Preparation, coordination and management of construction schedules, including general contractor, subcontractors, electrical contractors and state partners.
- Preparation, coordination and management of furniture and move schedules, including furniture delivery, furniture install, installation of data and phone lines, equipment and physical move.
- Review of new or revised signage requirements
- Periodic site visits to construction and furniture projects and attendance at meetings to monitor progress.
- Coordination and scheduling of move meetings with agency and state partners to keep project on budget and on time.
- Reduce state lease cost be collocating state agencies, utilizing established space guidelines, and reducing energy costs by utilizing state temperature setting guidelines in leased locations.
To request services, please contact:
Barbara Bendon, Administrator
Location: Facilities Management Center, 109 SE 13th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319