The Leasing division is responsible for locating lease space and negotiating and preparing lease contracts that meets the state tenant's requirements. This also includes preparation of lease amendment for renewals, extensions, or alterations to existing space. Services provided include a wide range of lease negotiations for commercial leases where the State is the tenant; leases for offices, warehouse or storage facilities, special purpose requirements, or build to suit offices.
Leasing Services Include:
- Locate space, negotiate contracts, prepare and execute lease contacts, lease amendments, lease assignments and lease terminations.
- Develop and maintain a statewide lease database.
- Develop and maintain the Standard State Lease Agreement in conjunction with the State Attorney General’s Office.
- Ensure contract compliance and enforcement of lease terms for both building owners and State tenants throughout the lease term.
- Administer and oversee the provisions of any lease escalation provisions or other rental adjustments and CAM/operating expense reconciliations.
- Resolve disputes between Landlords and State tenants.
- Reduce state lease cost by collocating state agencies, utilizing established space guidelines, and reducing energy costs by following establised state temperature guidelines.
Agencies may begin the process by following the steps to Request Space on the Capitol Complex or in Leased Facilities
For more information send an email to Barbara.Bendon@iowa.gov or call 515-281-8887.