Offices in Polk and contiguous counties
The Real Estate Leasing & planning function in Polk and contiguous counties is responsible for locating lease space and negotiating and preparing lease contracts that meets the state tenant's requirements. This also includes preparation of lease amendment for renewals, extensions, or alterations to existing space. Services provided include a wide range of lease negotiations for commercial leases where the State is the tenant: leases for offices, warehouse or storage facilities, special purpose requirements, or build to suit offices.
Statewide Leasing Services Include:
- Locate space, negotiate contracts, prepare and execute lease contacts, lease amendments, lease assignments and lease terminations.
- Develop and maintain the statewide lease database.
- Develop and maintain the Standard State Lease Agreement in conjunction with the State Attorney General’s Office.
- Ensure contract compliance and enforcement of lease terms for both building owners and State tenants throughout the lease term.
- Administer and oversee the provisions of any lease escalation provisions or other rental adjustments and CAM/operating expense reconciliations.
- Resolve disputes between Landlords and State tenants.
- Reduce state lease cost be collocating state agencies, utilizing established space guidelines, and reducing energy costs by utilizing state temperature setting guidelines in leased locations.
To request services, please contact:
Barbara Bendon, Administrator
Location: Facilities Management Center, 109 SE 13th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319