The following procedure has been established for an agency to request an increase or decrease in square footage requirements either on the Capitol Complex or in leased space. This procedure will ensure your new requirements are addressed and met in a timely manner.
An agency shall notify the Department of Administrative Services, General Services Enterprise in writing at least 45 days prior to requested occupancy of new space (see Space Management Rules at 11-100.6) and at least 6 months prior to vacating or decreasing space.
Correspondence should be addressed to Barbara Bendon at the address noted below or e-mail: Barbara.Bendon@Iowa.Gov
Department of Administrative Services
General Services Enterprise
Facility Management Center
109 SE 13th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
Requests for additional space shall also include the following information:
- Name of the Department and/or Division making the request and the contact person, title and phone number.
- Reason for the request. Include changes in FTE’s or new programs, special equipment, and any special needs to be considered in this request.
- The division or divisions that you propose moving and the number of people in each division associated with your proposal. Please also identify whether these positions are permanent FTE’s, temporary employees or contract/seasonal.
- If a certain geographical area is requested, please provide us with the city(s) and the geographical boundaries (N, S, E and W) to help us narrow down our search.
- A statement that funds for the project are available, the source of funding and the estimated budget amount.
- Desired completion date/date of occupancy. Include any known time constraints.
- Will your agency need to acquire furniture as a result of this request?
In addition, the agency representative should submit the GSE Space Allocation form with this request.
Upon receipt of your request, we will be in contact with the designated agency representative for any additional information and to mutually develop a project scope.