The following procedure should be followed when an agency requests an increase or decrease in square footage requirements either on the Capitol Complex or in leased space for the Des Moines metropolitan area. This procedure will ensure your new requirements have been addressed and met in a timely manner.
An agency shall notify the Department of Administrative Services, General Services Enterprise in writing at least 45 days prior to expected completion of the work.
Questions should be addressed to Barbara.Bendon@iowa.gov
Requests for additional space shall also include the following information:
- Name of the Department and/or Division making the request and the contact person, title and phone number
- Reason for the request. Include changes in FTE's or new programs, special equipment, and any special needs to be considered in this request.
- The division or divisions that you propose moving and the number of people in each division associated with your proposal. Please also identify whether these positions are permanent FTE's, temporary employees or contract/seasonal.
- A statement that funds for the project are available, the source of funding and the estimated budget amount.
- Desired completion date/date of occupancy. Include any known time constraints.
A professional space planner will contact the designated agency representative for additional information and develop a project scope. .
Note: If leased space is being considered, the current cost of leased office space in the Des Moines area ranges from $14.00 to $18.00 per square foot per year for a full service lease (including parking).