The Accounts Payable team processes invoices for payment to vendors that do business with the four DAS Enterprises and the DAS Core. Accounts Payable also performs research when vendors call, checks the accuracy of coding of payments for processing, and insures compliance with the State Accounting Policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How can I check on the status of payment on my invoice?
- A1: You can contact the appropriate AP staff listed on the Accounts Payable contact list. The staff member will research your inquiry and respond regarding the status of payment and an estimate of time if your payment has not been processed.
Q2: How long does it take to receive my payment from the state?
- A2: The time may vary depending on the complexity of your claim or event that occurred, but for the most part claims are processed and paid within 30 to 45 days.
Q3: How do I become a registered vendor for the state?
- A3: To become a registered vendor with the Iowa Department of Administrative Services, you must complete three forms:
- Vendor Registration form
- Federal Identification W-9 form
- Commodities and Professional Services selection list
See Vendor Registration Process and Forms for complete information on the process and to access the forms.
Q4: Does the State pay sales tax?
- A4: According to Section 423.3(31) of the Iowa Code, purchases of tangible personal property and services by the State of Iowa for public purposes and all sales of goods, wares, or merchandise and services sold to and used by the State of Iowa for public purposes are exempt from the state sales and use taxes.
Accounts Payable Contacts
|DAS Service||Personnel Contact||Phone Number|
|Accounts Payable Supervisor||Pam Sullivan||515-281-0887|
|Infrastructure/Construction related obligations -
Specific questions related to projects should be directed to the Project Manager
|HRE, Purchasing, PO requests, ITE Operations, I3 and all travel||Melody Mowery||515-281-6604|
|GSE CCM, A&E & Space Management; Utilities||Pam Sullivan||515-281-0887|
|GSE Fleet and Mail Operations||Sara Fuller||515-281-6359|
|Postage, SAE, Terrace Hill||Teresa Mattson||515-281-6118|
Mail invoices to:
Iowa Department of Administrative Services
Hoover Building 3rd Floor
1305 E Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0104
Fax (515) 281-6140