You are here

Lucas County Health Center

1200 North 7th Street
Chariton, IA 50049
Phone: 641-774-3203
Fax: 641-774-3811

Plan details specific to your employer's 457/401a plans are shown below. Access additional program information from the left menu. Take advantage of this great employee benefit today!

Eligibility   Contributions/Roll-ins   Enrollment & Investments   Changes & Distributions
Employees working 20+ hours/week are eligible to participate.

Participants are fully vested from day one.


457 employee contributions: Option to save pretax and post-tax Roth through payroll deductions:
  - minimum $25/month
  - maximum up to IRS annual limits*

Catch-up  - Close to retirement, the 3-Year Catch-Up benefit allows qualified participants to contribute over the Age 50+ limit. To find out if you qualify, request a 3-Year Catch-Up Worksheet.

Roll-ins: At any time, you may roll in assets from an eligible outside retirement plan such as a 401k, 403b, 401a, and non-Roth IRA to take advantage of the RIC benefits. Your RIC provider will assist you with this. Assets rolled into RIC are available for distribution without investment restrictions or penalties.


  Enrollment: Enrollment is always open and is completed through a RIC investment provider. Contact a local Empower advisor (state-wide advisors) to enroll.  

Investments: RIC providers offer a variety of investment options at little to no cost and provide assistance with enrollment, investment selection, and account reviews at no extra cost. View Empower investment information. For a list of available fund options review the RIC At-A-Glance PDF.


  Payroll deductions - You may request a change to your existing payroll deductions at any time by completing the RIC Account Form PDF and forwarding it to your payroll office.

Account management: To manage investment selection, obtain account information, change personal or beneficiary information, access your account online from your provider's website or call your provider.

Distributions: While employed, distribution options are limited. Once separated from employment, contact your provider directly to request distributions.

Provider transfers: To transfer assets between RIC providers, establish an account with the receiving provider and complete the RIC Account Form. There are no restrictions or fees for this type of transfer.