You are here

Jones County


Jones County flag Jones County Auditor
500 W. Main Street / PO Box 109 / Anamosa, IA 52205
Phone: 319-462-2282 / Fax: 319-462-5815

Plan details specific to Jones County RIC 457/401a plans are shown below. Participation is through automatic payroll deductions in the amount you choose and may be changed or stopped at anytime. Access full 457/401a program information from the left menu. Enrollment is year round! 

Eligibility   Contributions   Enrollment & Investments   Changes & Distributions
Regular employees are eligible to participate.   457 employee contributions: Option to save pretax and post-tax Roth through payroll deductions:
  - minimum $25/month
  - maximum up to IRS annual limits

401a match plan: Your employer matches 100% of employee contributions up to $50/month.

Catch-up  - Close to retirement, the 3-Year Catch-Up benefit allows qualified participants to contribute over the Age 50+ limit. To find out if you qualify,request a 3-Year Catch-Up Worksheet


  Enrollment: Enrollment is always open. Review the different enrollment options available through Empower and Voya

Investments: RIC providers offer a variety of investment options and provides help with enrollment, investment selection, and account reviews at no extra cost. A list of fund options by investment category is available in the RIC At-A-Glance PDF.

  Payroll deductions - You may request a change to your existing payroll deduction amount and tax treatment at any time by completing the Jones County RIC Account Form PDF and forwarding it to your Human Resources Department.

Account management: To manage investment selection, obtain account information, change personal or beneficiary information, access your account online or call your provider.

Distributions: While employed, distribution options are limited. Once separated from employment, contact your provider directly to request distributions.

Provider transfers: To transfer assets between RIC providers, establish an account with the receiving provider and complete the RIC Account Form. There are no restrictions or fees for this type of transfer.