ASI - Application Software, Inc. - the administrator of the state’s flexible spending account program

Dependent care expense - Expense for the care of a child under 13 and/or an adult incapable of self care, that enables you to work.  If you are married, your spouse must also work/be a full-time student and the dependent must be claimed on your tax return.  If you are divorced, you must be the custodial parent, but are not required to claim the exemption. 

Eligible employee - A permanent state employee who is normally scheduled for 20 or more hours of work per week

Health care expense - Medically necessary expense for yourself, your spouse, or your dependents (through the year in which they turn age 26), that is not paid by insurance

Qualifying Child 

  1. Your child, including stepchildren and foster children, who will turn age 26 or younger during the plan year or
  2. A grandchild, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or a descendant of any such relative; and
  • Who shares your principal residence for more than one-half of the year;
  • For whom you provide over one half of the financial support; and
  • Who is under age 19 if not a student, and under age 24 if a student

Qualifying relative ​​​​​​​

  1. A blood relative or share the same primary residence with the employee;
  2. Receive over 50% of his/her support from the employee; and
  3. Be a U.S. citizen or national or a resident of the United States, Canada, or Mexico

Spouse - Includes opposite sex spouses, same sex spouses, and common law spouses. In order for an employee to submit a spouse's claims, the couple must file joint tax returns