|Course Number:||MTS PT 103||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$258/Participating Agency, $516/Non-Participating||
|Eligibility:||Designed for Project Managers|
|Instructor:||Your Clear Next Step|
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm (2 Days)|
|Certificate Series:||Leadership Development Certificate|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
Designed specifically for those who are actively managing projects, this class is a deep dive into the processes, knowledge areas, inputs, and outputs you need to know about to manage projects more effectively. Based on the best practices of the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, this highly interactive class Will give you a chance to evaluate and improve your approach to project management.
You’ll learn about the constants – those fundamentals of project management that hold true regardless of the scope or nature of the project – plus you’ll be exposed to some of the most common reasons project approaches vary. This hands-on, no-nonsense class can serve as a foundation for project managers new to their role, as well as an eye-opening refresher for seasoned project managers who have been managing projects for years, and you Will come away with tools you can use right away.
- Identify the nine knowledge areas described by PMI’s PMBOK
- Practice creating commonly-used artifacts within the Project Management Lifecycle
- Describe some of the common mistakes made in Project Management
- Practice creating and managing a project plan
- Create solution options for building and maintaining a project team
- Identify opportunities for improvement, using recent projects as examples