|Course Number:||NC 119||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||No Charge/Participating Agency, $42/Non-Participating||
This course is available through On-Demand at no charge for participating State agencies. Contact your training liaison to have the course information e-mailed to you. At the completion of the course, email your completed certificate to PDS@iowa.gov. The course will then be added to your training history.
|Eligibility:||Managers & Supervisors|
|Certificate Series:||Advanced Leadership Development Certificate|
Participants in this course will learn their rights and responsibilities in dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace. This course will cover items from Preventing Sexual Harassment for Employees but with an emphasis placed on the supervisor’s/manager’s role in harassment situations.
- Understand the history of anti-harassment laws
- Identify inappropriate workplace behaviors
- Understand the meaning of “quid pro quo” sexual harassment
- Understand the meaning of “hostile environment” sexual harassment
- Understand “intent versus impact”
- Understand the “reasonable person” standard
- Understand “third party” harassment
- Know what to do in the event of harassment in the workplace
- Understand your responsibilities as a supervisor