|Course Number:||GI 400||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||No Charge/Participating Agency, $188/Non-Participating||
April 22, 2017
Moved February class to March 1, 2018
at Iowa Lottery - open to all to attend
May 22, 2018
|Eligibility:||Managers & Supervisors|
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Certificate Series:||Advanced Leadership Development|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
This full-day workshop will address a variety of organization dimensions and dynamics needed to assure optimum managerial understanding of diversity. As a result of participating in a training session, managers will realize the value and appreciate the potential of a diverse workforce, practice self-awareness, and recognize and prevent discriminatory hiring practices on behalf of the State of Iowa. Managers will return to the workplace with an appreciation of the richness multi-culturalism brings to our daily functions, relationships, and organization.
- Achieve/maintain a diverse workforce, including employees of different ages, races, creeds, colors, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, religions, and disabilities.
- Promote equal opportunity in recruitment, appointment, assignment, and advancement.
- Realize the value and potential of a diverse workforce.
- Practice self-awareness and identify and confront personal biases.
- Recognize and prevent discriminatory hiring practices.
- Appreciate the role of the onboarding process in understanding diverse team members and creating a welcoming environment that will lead to lasting retention of new hires.
- Engage in action planning to transfer new learning derived from the seminar into daily practice