|Course Number:||MTS AU 001||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$40/Participating Agency, $188/Non-Participating||
See PDS catalog for scheduled classes
|Eligibility:||Managers & Supervisors|
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Certificate Series:||Leadership Development Certificate|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
This course, designed for all managers and supervisors, focuses on the latest research and trends in leadership, outlining the importance of authenticity in leadership. Participants will gain an understanding of the impact authenticity has on employee engagement and well-being and the triggers that prevent people from being their authentic selves.
- Define authenticity and understand the impacts it has on employee performance.
- Identify the factors of human behavior that prevent us from being authentic and the impact that has on performance.
- Understand the link between shame, vulnerability, connection, and authenticity.
- Learn to identify shame triggers and how to address them through empathy.
- Discuss the desired behaviors and outcomes produced through leading with authenticity