Capitol Complex Mobile Food Truck Program is back again for another season of dining options!
Employees and guests on the Capitol Complex can find the Trucks in the Mobile Food Truck Zone in Visitor Lot 15 just north of the Lucas Building.
- May 1 -November 30: Up to four approved Mobile Food Trucks are allowed on the Complex seven days of the week from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- August 9 - 19: Mobile Food Trucks are allowed on the Complex from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. during the Iowa State Fair.
The Mobile Food Trucks must be approved by DAS to serve on the Capitol Complex. Before heading to Mobile Food Truck Zone in Visitor Lot 15, you can check out truck availability by going to the mobile Klickle App, or each truck’s Facebook page or website. The Department of Public Health offers employee advice on Healthier Options at the Food Trucks.
Everyone is welcome to visit the 2018 food truck vendors!
- Taza Grill Food Truck & Catering is authentic Middle Eastern food, serving fresh, healthy and delicious food such as falafel, shawarma, kabob, hummus, salad and more all homemade.
- Outside Scoop is serving handmade artisan style ice cream full of robust flavor in your choice of single or double scoop in a cup or cone. They will be carrying 5-7 of their unique flavors on the truck at a time, with flavors changing each visit. Root beer floats are always available!
- Street Eats DSM gourmet sammiches are loaded with different combinations of meats, veggies, cheeses and sauces that can be served on a bun or on a bed of hand cut fries. Sammiches can be made vegetarian by substituting seasoned young jackfruit for any meat option.
- Not Your Mother's Loin was awarded the Des Moines City View Best Of for Gluten Free! The 100% gluten free menu includes homemade zucchini chips, french fries as well as tenderloins and chicken options.
Smoke Signals is homemade all the way! Smoked meat on buns with a twist. Asian flavors, spicy or add a great topping. Also, enjoy flat bread pizza and nachos. Great homemade slaw with green peppers and sunflowers seeds with vinegar dressing or tomato squash chopped salad.
Flame New American Cuisine offers hot off the grill Flame Burger, chicken panini, Asian tacos, quesadillas, fries and homemade coleslaw.
The Big Red Food Truck is in their fourth year of business serving up a unique variety of tacos along with burgers, tenderloins, brisket nachos, loaded baked potato tots as well as a breakfast skillet! They also have sides including fried pickles, and lobster ravioli bites.
Karam's Grill - Mediterranean Cuisine is the health comfort food you're looking for such as salad, pita or quesadilla gyro and shawarma options! Hamid is also serving Moroccan style kefta pockets and falafel plates. Top off your lunch with handmade sweet baklava.
Top Bun was voted City View's 2018 Best Local Food Truck! Their meat is from a local butcher and the buns are made at the South Union Bakery to make many unique and tasty burger options! Include a side of side of fries to top off the meal.
Sunnyside Express is a program of Easter Seals Iowa supporting individuals to live with independence. Stop by for a gyro, nachos, or salad with your choice of meats and toppings! Plus veggies, pita chips, and warm pitas with signature hummus, desserts and local honey lemonade!
Machine Shed Food Truck will be serving home-style breakfast and lunch on the Complex! Tuesday breakfast menu: Shed Skillet-Scrambled Eggs, biscuit & gravy, famous cinnamon rolls. Thursday lunch menu will include a variety of Shed favorite wraps, sandwiches, mac & cheese!
Grumpy J's Gourmet Sliders is new to the Des Moines food truck line up. The slider menu options include steak burgers, cheese steak burgers, bbq pulled pork, toltilla tilapia, and ham & cheese. Sides include bbq baked beans and new potatoe salad.
Texas Kitchen and the Tex Mex Kitchen is serving Tex Mex cuisine made to order. You choose your fillings. Try the Texas style fajita steak, it's a half pound of juicy meat cooked on an open flame grill. Sauteed onions and peppers can be added or with rice and beans.
- The Hole Shanbang is the home of the Buca-Wich. A Buca-Wich is an internally toasted hoagie that is filled with all homemade recipes including Cajun steak. Italian sausage, meatballs, craw fish, chicken and tuna salad. They also offer salad, dessert and breakfast options.
- Railroad Bill's food truck is an extension of their East Village dining car. Like the diner, the menu include a classic breakfast & lunch menu with vegetarian and vegan dishes. As well as items Plain Talk Books & Coffee, Brick Street Bakery & Raccoon Forks Foods coffee.
- Roadside Tacos brings delicious Mexican dishes to the streets serving up tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos and a taco rice bowl.
Interested in being part of the Capitol Complex Mobile Food Truck program?
Please contact Suzy Trotter at 515/281-7259 or email@example.com.
Iowa Department of Administrative Services
109 SE 13th St
Des Moines, IA 50319-0101