|Course Number:||MTS GI 052||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||No Charge/Participating Agency, $42/Non-Participating||
This course is available through On-Demand at no charge for participating State agencies. Contact your training liaison to have the course information e-mailed to you. At the completion of the course, email your completed certificate to your Training Liaison. The course will then be added to your training history.
|Certificate Series:||Professional Development Certificate|
Everyone loses when sexual harassment occurs. It lowers morale, hurts working relationships, creates resentment, and lessens an organization’s ability to function well. Harassment for any reason is inappropriate in the workplace. Sexual harassment or harassment because of any protected personal characteristic is illegal and can have dire consequences for an individual and the organization. All employees have the right to work in an environment free of harassment. This course will explain and demonstrate the rights and responsibilities of employees in the workplace.
Know protected personal characteristics in the workplaceUnderstand what is (sexual) harassment
- Recognize examples of harassing conduct
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee
- Know the organization’s responsibilities
- Understand the legal consequences of harassing a co-worker
- Know what to do if (sexual) harassment occurs in your workplace
- Understand the significance of liability