Single Stream Recycling
Single-stream recycling is the future for responsible resource conservation and an important step towards a low-waste building. DAS is providing single-stream recycling to make it as easy as using a trash can. With all your recyclables collected in the main section of the blue trash bin, this should leave little waste for the saddle container.
What can be recycled?
- All office paper
- Food and beverage cans
- Plastic bottles and containers
- Flattened cardboard and paperboard
- Food and beverage cartons
What NOT to recycle.
- Food waste
- Plastic bags and film
- Foam cups and containers
Other Available Recycling Opportunities
Ink and Toner Cartridges
The State is in contract with two companies to recycle empty ink and toner cartridges. Both companies will collect empty ink and toner cartridges with the delivery of products.
- Office Depot - To learn more about the Office Depot program, review the My Business Recycles document or call Ken Bruntz at 402/547-9605.
- Staples - To learn more about the Staples program review the Staples Business Advantage document.
Rechargeable Batteries and Cell Phones
Most rechargeable batteries can be recharged up to 1,000 times, but when they no longer hold a charge, recycle them. If you are are interested in recycling batteries and cell phones, DAS will provide you a Call 2 Recycle box. When your box is full, drop your box off at the nearest participating recycling locations.
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Lithium Ion (Li-ion)
- Small Sealed Lead (Pb) batteries weighing up to 2 lbs. or 1 kg. each*
- These batteries are the power source for cell phones, cordless phones, laptop computers, camcorders, digital cameras, bar code readers, portable printers, PDAs, two-way radios and cordless power tools.
Batteries Not Accepted:
- Non-rechargeable batteries
Cell Phones Accepted:
- Any size, make or model of cell phone – digital or analog, with or without battery. The program does not recycle household cordless phones, two-way radios, walkie-talkies, or pagers.
If you have questions about the recycling program, please contact DAS Customer Service at 515-242-5120 Option 3.