|Course Number:||GI 230||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$105/Participating Agency, $188/Non-Participating||
August 25, 2017
|Eligibility:||Managers and Supervisors|
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Certificate Series:||Leadership Development Certificate|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
This course, designed for managers and supervisors, will help participants explore their leadership style across the four DiSC Dimensions and how they use those dimensions in situations. Each participant will complete a personal DiSC profile, which will help them understand their own leadership style and how their style can affect those they manage. Participants will gain an understanding of the differences between leadership and management.
- Recognize the three ways to evaluate leadership possibilities: you as a leader, someone else as a leader, or the leadership needs of the situation.
- Understand leadership as a relationship between leaders and followers.
- Identify four dynamic areas that capture a leader’s attention in his or her environment.
- Discover 12 key ways that leadership may be demonstrated.
- Gain insight into identifying leadership needs at different times and places.
- Gain perspective on how you can contribute to a group’s success now and in the future.
- Explore ways to encourage active leaders and committed followers at all levels of the organization