LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
Courses in this pathway are designed to set the foundations of leadership in managers/supervisors who are within their first two (2) years of being in supervisory-level positions, or employees who are interested in developing leadership skills or lead initiatives. This pathway is also applicable as refresher training to aid in keeping leaders abreast of best practices.
- Advanced Principles of Communication Part 1
- Advanced Principles of Communication Part 2
- Creating a Violence Free Workplace
- Dimensions of Leadership
- Ethics of Leadership and Influence
- From Interview to Hire
- Fundamentals of Supervision
- Leading Through Change
- Managing Conflict and Resistance in the Workplace
- Performance Evaluation
- Project Management
- The Role of the Lead Worker
- The Servant Leader
Course work must be completed within five years of enrollment into the series. Upon completion of all course work within the same series, participants should notify their department's Training Liaison. PDS will then issue a certificate of completion signed by the Governor.