|Course Number:||MTS ST 001||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$40/Participating Agency, $188/Non-Participating||
|Eligibility:||Supervisors/Managers & Advanced Leaders|
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Certificate Series:||Advanced Leadership Development Certificate|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
This introductory course walks participants through the history and philosophy of strategic management and planning. Participants will become familiar with a six step strategic planning process and SWOT analysis. The course goes beyond the strategic planning approach and introduces the systems thinking concept. Some time is reserved for participants to map out their own strategies. This course is recommended for current supervisors, managers, and advanced leaders.
- Understand the history and philosophy of strategic planning and scientific management, including past contributors.
- Explain the purpose and benefits of strategic planning.
- Recognize the phases of strategic planning.
- Understand the elements of a strategic plan.
- Conduct a simple SWOT analysis.
- Become more familiar with systems thinking and its benefits.
- Know the difference between strategic planning and systems thinking