|Course Number:||GI 003||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$70/Participating Agency, $188/Non-Participating||
August 31, 2017
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Certificate Series:||Professional Development Certificate|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
Improved listening means better job efficiency and productivity. Most employees spend over 50% of their day listening. Accurate listening and retention skills are crucial to help manage the amount of information we receive daily. You will practice practical techniques to improve your listening skills.
- Learn how communication occurs and the roles of listening, feedback, and
perception in the communication process.
- Discuss blocks to active listening and learn methods to overcome these blocks.
- Review and clarify keys to active listening, including attentiveness to nonverbal communication and effective listening basics.
- Nourish creativity through improved listening.
- Identify your listening weaknesses and practice techniques to improve the effectiveness of your listening skills.