|Course Number:||MTS SC 203||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$200 Participating Agency, $400/Non-Participating||
See PDS catalog for scheduled classes
|Length:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm (2 days)|
|Certificate Series:||Advanced Professional Development Certificate|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
A range of emotions are witnessed and experienced in the workplace, including anger, its causes, and the management of it in oneself and in others. Various difficult personalities found in the workplace are reviewed and you will learn how to work with each. Expressing yourself clearly, communicating assertively, using tools to cope more effectively with work situations beyond your control, connecting with people, and understanding barriers to communication are discussed in their role in an efficient and pleasant workplace.
- Understand the feelings individuals have in the workplace, including anger, its causes and how
to handle your own anger and the anger of others.
- Identify the various types of difficult people encountered in the workplace and how to work with each
- Become aware of the causes and methods of resolution for both organizational and interpersonal conflicts
- Learn tools to more effectively cope with work situations that are beyond one’s control
- Gain valuable tools to improve communication with others in the workplace and throughout one’s life