|Course Number:||MTS NC 202||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||No Charge/Participating Agency, $42/Non-Participating||
This course is available through On-Demand at no charge for participating State agencies. Contact your training liaison to have the course information e-mailed to you. At the completion of the course, email your completed certificate to PDS@iowa.gov. The course will then be added to your training history.
|Eligibility:||Managers & Supervisors|
Advanced Leadership Development Certificate
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) is an important component of the State’s commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. Therefore, understanding EEO/AA is critical for all supervisors and managers. Participants will learn the legal principals and background of EEO/AA and its use as a tool to effectively manage an increasingly diverse workplace.
- State and federal EEO laws
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Iowa Civil Rights Commission
- Compare and contrast protections of state and federal laws
- Differences between EEO and AA
- History of Affirmative Action
- State of Iowa Affirmative Action plan and report