|Course Number:||MTS SC 236||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||No Charge/Participating Agency, $42/Non-Participating||
|Eligibility:||Managers & Supervisors|
|Certificate Series:||Leadership Development Certificate|
This course provides managers and supervisors with information regarding potential violence in the workplace. You will gain insight into state policies and procedures, as well as concepts that accurately define workplace violence. You will gain an understanding of techniques that can be used to identify and diffuse violent situations.
- Identify and describe state policies and procedures for creating a violence free workplace.
- Recognize workplace violence and potential violent behavior.
- Appropriately assess potential violent workplace situations and identify techniques to diffuse violent situations.
- Understand the importance and process for reporting workplace violence.
- Have a renewed awareness of members of the public who may choose to bring violence into the workplace.