ADVANCED LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
Courses in this series are offered only to State of Iowa employees who are classified as a manager or supervisor. Participants must be in a supervisory position and have the authority to direct the work of employees, to hire, evaluate, promote, transfer, layoff, recall, process grievances, and discipline employees. This pathway is also applicable as refresher training to aid in keeping leaders abreast of current expectations and guidelines. PDS recommends retaking these courses every 3-5 years.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Crucial Conversations®
- Discipline, Grievances, and the Merit System
- Diversity Training for Managers & Supervisors
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Investigating Employee Misconduct
- Preventing Sexual Harassment for Supervisors
- Shaping Effective and Engaged Teams
- Substance Abuse Policy
- Strategic Planning & Systems Thinking
Course work must be completed within five years of enrollment into the series. Upon completion of all course work within the same series, participants should notify their department's Training Liaison. PDS will then issue a certificate of completion signed by the Governor.