|January 2023 - Happy New Year!|
|Iowa WorkSmart Project • Benefits • Health & Well-Being • Retirement Savings • Education Opportunities|
New Mileage Reimbursement Feature
The January issue of Smart Talk is packed full of information about a new Mileage Reimbursement Accumulator in Workday allowing employees to see how many miles they have claimed since the start of the State Fiscal Year. In addition, the Pay Period Guidance for Managers resource has been updated on the website to include more detailed information for timely and accurate payroll processing.
Return to Top
New to Your Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
New to FSA? If 2023 is the first year you have enrolled in either the health or dependent care FSA, you may log into your ASIFlex account to:
- review your information and read secured messages, including your enrollment confirmation
- submit claims
- request funds be deposited directly into your bank account
- order a debit card or select auto-reimbursement for your health FSA
- schedule recurring direct payments for your dependent care FSA
- shop the FSA store
Existing participants may do all of the above and may also see any remaining 2022 contributions. For health FSA, up to $570 may be carried over into 2023 for 2023 expenses. Any 2021 contributions carried into 2022 must be used for 2022 expenses or will be forfeited. For dependent care, any remaining 2022 funds may be used for expenses incurred through March 15, 2023.
Is the Livongo Diabetes Prevention Program Right for You?
A diabetes prevention program is available for State employees through your Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield health benefits. The Livongo program makes living healthy and managing weight easier with unlimited one-on-one coaching, advanced tracking technology, and guidance on developing healthy habits.
Watch the member experience video to learn more about Livongo, or visit mywellmark.wellmark.com/loading/well-being to get started. If you have any questions about this program, please visit the Livongo website, email Livongo Member Support at email@example.com, or call 800-945-4355 and mention registration code STATEOFIOWA.
Know Where to Go For Care When You’re Sick or Injured
Life is unpredictable, particularly when you or a family member needs quick medical care. Is it serious enough for a trip to the Emergency Room? Or maybe you could go to Urgent Care instead? Wellmark has developed a user-friendly chart to help you decide where to get care when it’s needed most.
Voluntary Vision Insurance: Open Enrollment Underway
State of Iowa employees have an opportunity to elect vision insurance through the State of Iowa’s Voluntary Insurance Program. The State offers post-tax payroll deductions to pay your vision insurance premiums directly to the insurance carrier.
Open enrollment for vision insurance runs through February 28, 2023. Elections made during this open enrollment period are effective April 1, 2023. If you are currently enrolled in the voluntary vision insurance, you do not need to re-enroll unless you want to make a change.
You have two different insurance program options: Avesis and EyeMed/Delta Vision (Insight Network). Information about these voluntary vision plans are available at http://www.benefitiowa.com/. Questions regarding the vision plans should be directed to World Insurance Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The State of Iowa does not endorse or sponsor any voluntary vision insurance provider, or the products and services they provide, and assumes no responsibility for any purchases or disputes between individual employees and the vendors. All arrangements are strictly between the employee, as a consumer, and the
Be the Ultimate Cold and Flu Fighter
Take action to halt the spread of germs, especially during the cold and flu season. Wellmark outlines how to tell the difference between a cold and the flu and provides hints to help you feel better and know when you should contact your doctor. Read Be the Ultimate Cold and Flu Fighter to learn more.
Free Health and Well-Being Seminars Offered Online
On-demand online seminars covering various health and well-being topics are available from the State’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at www.EAPHelplink.com. Use Company Code: IOWA and click on e-learning for a list of available online seminars.
Seminars may be viewed from your computer or any other internet-enabled device during work time if scheduling permits and your supervisor approves. They are free of charge, with the most recent offerings accessible on the dates listed below.
- Available now: Stress Buster - Managing and Taking Control of Your Life - Manage your stress in a healthier way and learn some strategies to take control of your life.
- Available January 17: Rays of Sunshine - Explore the benefits of getting outdoors as part of your self-care routine.
EAP also offers confidential resources at no cost to help employees and eligible family members address challenges which may impact job performance, well-being, and overall health. For more information on EAP resources, visit the DAS Employee Assistance Program web page.
AIG Now Corebridge Financial
AIG, one of the State of Iowa Retirement Investors’ Club (RIC) providers, is now Corebridge Financial. Rest assured, nothing else has changed except the name. The 457 Plans available in Workday now show the following provider options:
- Corebridge Financial (formerly AIG)
- Horace Mann
Ready, Set, Retire Workshop Offered Via Zoom
Retiring in the next three to five years? If so, IPERS’ Ready, Set, Retire is designed to provide State of Iowa employees with a broad range of retirement-related information. Ready, Set, Retire is a free all-day (9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.) Zoom webinar you may view/attend sessions during work time if scheduling permits and your supervisor approves. Spouses are welcome to attend. View the description and upcoming workshop dates. Reserve your spot by clicking on the workshop you wish to attend and then click “Register.”
- Talent Development Certificate: Vicki Petersen, Jasmine Bootman, Steven Rayl, Graci Zeiger, Billie Hoch, Zane Peters, Graham Giles, Aaron Rinehart, Brenda Smith, Luann Thiede, Brooke Mehner
- Advanced Talent Development Certificate: Steven Rayl, Preston Moberly, Bryan Peterson, Debra Koch
- Leadership Capacity Building Development Certificate: Ashley Johnson, Brenda Smith, Emily Parrott, Mike Brammer, Matt Alvarado, David Phillips, Reed Johnston, Bryan Peterson, Adam Benson, Diane Mayhew, Danielle Roseland, Tracy Rodgers, Joshua McNeil
- Management Development Certificate: Jim Scott, Jill Arroyo
- Leadership Development Certificate: Keith Wilken, Ashley Dvorak, Jared Rapp, Mark Hagen
- Advanced Leadership Development Certificate: Joshua Motsch
- Professional Development Certificate: Chari McEvoy, Traci Keel
- Advanced Professional Development Certificate: Jessica Reese McIntyre, Kerry Ellenwood, Brent Corll
Interested in Completing a PDS Certificate Series?
Download the coordinating enrollment form from the PDS website to start enrolling in courses today through the LMS. Complete the series at your own pace within a five-year period.
Performance & Development Solutions Training
PDS strives to offer a variety of courses in multiple formats to best meet your learning needs. We encourage you to check out upcoming classes on the LMS and find a course that fits your needs in a format that you prefer! In-person and virtual courses have a 14-day cancellation period. Please see PDS policies for more information.
Enroll through the LMS for:
- In person training at the Hoover Building
- Virtual training from your remote location
- On-demand training to suit your schedule
- New Horizons - Contact your training liaison to enroll in computer training
Contact PDS with any questions!
HRExpress is a publication for State of Iowa employees. Please print a copy to post or share with co-workers who may not have access to a computer. For prior editions, visit the HRExpress webpage. If you have questions or suggestions for future content, please contact us at email@example.com.