IowaBenefits is the State of Iowa's online system that allows you to enroll or make changes in your health, dental, life and flexible spending accounts benefits.
You can make the following benefit elections and changes in IowaBenefits.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance
- Life insurance beneficiary designations
IowaBenefits Username and Password
IowaBenefits requires a username and password.
- If this is the first time you access IowaBenefits, you will need to create a username and password. Review the step-by-step instructions in creating a username and/or password.
You can also call IowaBenefits technical assistance at 866-415-7872 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET) if you need your Login ID or of you have trouble using this system.
Enrolling in Benefits
Once you have logged into IowaBenefits, you will go through a series of screens.
- Make sure that you are on the “Open Enrollment Benefits” tab and clicks on the “Get Started” button for 2016 medical.
- First, you will be taken to medical screens. Click on the medical plan you want or decline coverage. If you want family coverage, add the dependents you want covered. Once you have made your selection, scroll down the page and click the “Save” button.
- Once you save your medical election, you will click the “Get Started” button to begin dental enrollment. You will select dental insurance or decline coverage. If you want family coverage, add the dependents you want covered. Once you have made your selection, scroll down the screen and click the “Save” button.
- Once you save the dental enrollment, IowaBenefits will display the “Get Started” button for 2016 Flexible Spending (FSA). Regardless if you want to participate or not, you must either enroll or decline FSA before you will see the confirmation screen.
- Once you have enrolled or declined FSA benefits and saved those actions, IowaBenefits will display the confirmation screen as shown below.
For more information about IowaBenefits, please contact your Human Resources Associate.