The 2020 Enrollment and Change period is:
September 30 - October 29, 2019
This is the only time that you can make changes to your health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, or life insurance, unless you have a qualified life event during the year. Please use this enrollment and change period as an opportunity to review your benefits.
Detailed information about the 2020 Enrollment and Change period is available in HRExpress.
Important Dates to Remember
October 29, 2019 - 2020 Enrollment and Change period ends.
December 20, 2019 - 2020 health and dental premiums are reflected on your pay warrant.
December 28, 2019 - If you elected to increase your supplemental life insurance, the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) must be filed with the Standard Life Insurance Company.
January 3, 2020 - Flexible Spending Accounts elections are reflected on your pay warrant.
|Health and Dental Insurance||IowaBenefits link|
|All employees except SPOC-covered||IowaBenefits Instructions|
|Life Insurance Premiums|
|All employees except SPOC-covered|
|How to Increase Supplemental Life Coverage in IowaBenefits|
Health and Dental Information
|Iowa Choice, National Choice, and Alliance Select||Schedule of 2020 Enrollment and Change webcasts|
|Iowa Choice/National Choice Side-by-Side Comparison||Video Recordings|
|Iowa Choice Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)||2020 Enrollment and Change webcast|
|National Choice Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)||Updating your beneficiaries in IowaBenefits|
|Alliance Select Summary (SPOC-covered employees)||Wellmark's Find a Provider|
|Alliance Select Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)||Supplemental Life Insurance|
|Delta Dental||Waiver of Life and Long Term Disability Insurance|
|Delta Dental Premier/PPO Summary||Premium Conversion (pre-Tax) Program|
|SPOC Delta Dental Summary||Premium Conversion Election form
(Only complete if you want to make a change)
Flexible Spending Account Notice and Increase
To participate in the Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or the Dependent Care FSA, or both, employees must enroll each year in IowaBenefits. If you wish to enroll for 2020, you will need to go to IowaBenefits to update your election.
- The maximum Health FSA contribution increases to $2,700 in 2020 from $2,650 in 2019.
- The maximum Dependent Care FSA contribution remains $5,000.
Health and Dental Enrollment for 2020
If you do not make any changes to your health or dental insurance during this Enrollment and Change period, your 2019 options and coverage level (single or family) for health and dental will automatically remain the same in 2020.
Iowa Choice and National Choice (for all employees except SPOC), and Alliance Select (available to SPOC-covered employees only) will continue to be offered in 2020. There will be NO CHANGES in benefits for all three options for 2020. There have been some changes to the 2020 plan premiums.
Electing to Opt Out of Health Insurance
If you elected the health insurance opt-out in 2019 and want to continue the opt-out option in 2020, the election will roll over into 2020. If you want to opt out beginning in 2020, you will need to do so in IowaBenefits.
All employees covering a domestic partner need to complete an affidavit during the Enrollment and Change period.
Healthy Opportunities Program for SPOC-Covered Employees
The Healthy Opportunities Wellness Program and its associated financial premium incentives for SPOC-covered employees will not continue in 2020.
ACTION IS NEEDED DURING THE 2020 ENROLLMENT AND CHANGE PERIOD IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOUR SITUATION:
- Enroll, change, or cancel your health insurance plan.
- Change your coverage level.
- Add or remove eligible family members.
- Elect the health insurance opt-out.
- If no health coverage is needed, decline coverage.
- Enroll in dental insurance.
- Cancel your dental insurance.
- Change coverage from single to family or family to single.
- Add or remove eligible family members from dental insurance.
- Change the contract holder in a double spouse family contract.
- If no dental coverage is needed, decline coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Enroll in the Health Flexible Spending Account and elect up to a maximum of $2,700 in 2020.
- Enroll in the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and elect up to $5,000 if married and filing a joint tax return, or $2,500 if married and filing a separate tax return for 2020.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- Apply to increase the amount of supplemental life insurance up to the maximum amount available. The EOI for additional supplemental life insurance must be on file with The Standard by December 28, 2019.
- Decrease the amount of your supplemental life insurance election.
- Cancel your supplemental life insurance. (If you want to cancel basic life, you will need to fill out Waiver of Life and Long Term Disability Insurance form.)
- Change whether the premiums for health, dental, and supplemental life insurance are taken pre-tax (before federal, state, and FICA tax) or post-tax (after federal, state, and FICA tax).