State agencies or the general public may request use of the common areas in the Capitol Building for public events by completing this on-line application.
- Please review the Capitol Complex Events Calendar for availability prior to submitting requests.
- The email address submitted on the request will receive a notice verifying the request was received by the Event Coordinator.
- The Events Coordinator will contact the Applicant listed to confirm the request.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is required for non-state agency events. Please review the MOU template.
- Groups requesting the Governor or Lt. Governor to speak at the event will need to complete a request form found on the Governor's web page.
- Direct questions regarding this application to Capitol.Complex.Events@iowa.gov or call 515-281-7259.
The following person is 18 years or older.
This person is the Duly Authorized Event Sponsor Representative authorized to sign the MOU or a State of Iowa employee with authority to host the event
Event Sponsor / Organization or Department Hosting the Event
Groups are able to request a quarter, half or the entire 1st Floor Rounda. Click to review a map of the Capitol 1st Floor Rotunda.
In the Event Detail text box, provide the arrangements for your event; i.e. list of equipment owned or rented from a 3rd party, time line of activities including set up, tear down or press conference and any other event specific information.
Remember to include time to set up for the event.
Remember to include time to tear down and clean up after the event.