Kimberly Esquibel-Jones, 515-281-5143
Location: Mail Services, Grimes Building, 400 E 14th Street, Des Moines, IA 50319
In the Des Moines area, the DAS Mail Center meets state government's needs for incoming and outgoing local and U.S. Postal Service letters and parcels.
- Delivery of incoming federal mail and interoffice mail to Des Moines area customers
- Pickup and processing of outgoing letters, flats, and parcels in the Des Moines area
- Signature mail services including certified, registered, and insured mail
- Mail administration and reporting
The following resources are provided for your assistance:
Accurate mail addresses and special mail needs - what is needed on an envelope to ensure swift delivery and avoid the "dead end" letter bin for undeliverable mail. Find this and more information in the guide.
- Correct local mail addresses
- ZIP code + 4 for state agencies
- Use of initials
- Who receives local mail
- Local mail pickup
- Cost savings for agency mailings
- Correct U.S. Postal Service mail addresses
- Mail received with incorrect addresses
- Parcel needs
- Contract carriers
- Special needs-overnight, certified, registered or insured mail
- Preparing mail for pick-up
Preparing an agency mailing
How can you save 40% of postage costs by meeting U.S. Postal Service regulations that allow a reduced postage rate? These regulations frequently change; however, our Mail Center staff is always current on what you need to do to qualify for this discount. Call them (515-281-5143) in the planning stages so they can help you determine the size, form, and format to get the best value.
Current employee names and locations
There has been and continues to be many agency moves on and off the Capitol Complex. If you would like to verify a department mailing address, you may find the "Building Locations" portion of the ICN phone book helpful.
Discontinued local mail
Effective December 2001, the Board of Regents moved and does not have local delivery service. Mail must be sent via the United States Postal Service with the appropriate postage attached. Their address is 11260 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322-7905.
Questions? Contact the Mail Center at 515-281-5143.