Capitol Complex 2017 Mobile Food Truck Program is back again for another delicious season of dining options!
Employees and guests on the Capitol Complex can find the Trucks in the Mobile Food Truck Zone of Visitor Lot 15 just north of the Lucas Building.
- May 1: Kick off the 2017 season at 11:00 a.m. at the Food Truck Jamboree!
- May 2-November 30: Food trucks are allowed on the Complex seven days of the week between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- August 10 - 20: Food trucks are allowed on the Complex from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. during the Iowa State Fair.
- November 30: Last day for the 2017 Mobile Food Truck season on the Complex.
The mobile food trucks listed below are approved to serve on the Capitol Complex. Up to four mobile food vendors are allowed on the Complex daily, but the number of trucks can vary each day. Before heading to Lot 15, you can check out truck availability by going to the mobile Klickle App, or each truck’s Facebook page or website. The Department of Public Health offers employee advice on Healthier Options at the Food Trucks.
Welcome to the 2017 food truck vendors!
- The Big Red Food Truck is serving up fresh-squeezed lemonade, fish tacos, their famous fried beef taco, jumbo taco boat, Philly Chicken Hoagie, cheeseburger baskets, and cheeseballs. The breaded pork tenderloins are back! Along with a new dessert called Strawberry Shortcake Mini Donuts. Mini donuts with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top.
- Street Eats DSM features gourmet stuffed "sammiches" and hand-cut fries.
- Karam's Mediterranean Grill serves Moroccan and Greek food, with specialties including chicken Shawarma, gyros, and owner Hamid Karam's favorite beef Kafka pocket.
- Miss Molly’s Jamaican Patty offers authentic Jamaican food with some of the menu options of jerk chicken, jerk pork, ginger citrus lime jerk salad, coco bread, beef patties as well as rice and beans.
- Smokesignals lunch menu includes brats, pork loin, pulled pork and turkey sandwiches. Their sides include chips, coleslaw, 3 bean salad and strawberries.
- 515Pi serves wood-fired pizzas with flavors such as the Porker with - Beerhouse Sausage, pepperoni, bacon and on red sauce . Or, enjoy the Popeye with spinach and chicken on Alfredo. This truck also has a veggie, substitute. Ask for artichokes for chicken.
- The Outside Scoop is famous for their artisan style ice cream- full of robust flavor and hand scooped to perfection. With 7 of their 35 flavors to choose from and root beer floats on hand there is something for everyone.
Interested in being part of the Capitol Complex Mobile Food Truck program?
Please contact Suzy Trotter at 515/281-7259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iowa Department of Administrative Services
109 SE 13th St
Des Moines, IA 50319-0101