Employees and guests on the Capitol Complex can find the Farmers Market on E. 13th St.
between E. Walnut St. and E. Grand Ave. Parking is available in Visitor Lot 15 just north of
the Lucas Building.
- First Market day is Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Open Every Tuesday
- From 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Last Market day is Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Monthly Farmers Market Newsletters from the Iowa Department of Public Health provides
recipes from produce found at Iowa Farmers Markets.
Capitol Complex Farmers Market Vendors
- Madeline McClure: eggs, fruits, vegetables
- Marie Kashindi: lettuce, radishes, carrotts, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, cabbage, peas, etc.
- Beuline Bucumi: vegetables - American and African variety
- Cubwa Rajeua: vegetables - American and African variety
- Thill's Produce: fruits, vegetables, baked goods, hand made crafts, crochet hats, fall mums
- Bell Farm: honey, beeswax products, candles, produce, dried herbs and mushrooms
- Berry Patch: berries, fruit and baked goods
- Wenndt's Garden: rhubarb, vegetables, fudge, small pies, cookies, breads
- Gingerich Amish Baskets: Amish handcrafted items; baskets, cutting boards, jewelry, aprons, rugs and more.
- Rich Taylor: American Hazelnuts
- Honey Badger: honey, jelly, fresh roasted coffee beans
- The Lighted Wick: salt scrub, gel candles, dish cloth's, bath salts and lotion.
- Epic Eateries is the hybrid of spices. Not only a dip they are also a great meal starter or a great dry rub.
- Gym-N-Eat Crickets: crickets for human consumption! More iron than spinach, more calcium than milk, and contain all 9 essential amino acids.
SNAP, EBT & Farmers Market Nutrition Program Vouchers accepted by participating vendors.
The Farmers Market is brought to you by the Iowa Departments of Administrative Services,
Public Health, and Agriculture and Land Stewardship.
For more information send an email to Suzy Trotter or call 515-281-7259