Carpool/Vanpool Parking on the Capitol Complex
What are the criteria for carpool/vanpool parking on the Capitol Complex?
- Ride Share vans and vehicles with three or more Capitol Complex employees sharing the vehicle every day qualify for car pool parking.
Who is the Parking Coordinator?
Capitol Complex Events Coordinator
Iowa Department of Administrative Services
Facilities Management Center
109 SE 13th St, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0120
How do I apply for a permit?
Will my permit expire?
- Yes. Permits are good for six months and must be renewed every January 1st and July 1st.
Must I turn my old permit in to receive a new permit?
What information will I need to bring with me to fill out the application?
- You will need complete vehicle information, including manufacturer, model, year, color and license plate number of each vehicle to be a part of the pool as well as the name of each driver, phone number and department where they work.
Will each member of my car pool need to fill out the application?
- No, pools (all members within the group) will complete one application for submission. One permit will be given to the car pool for all members to share.
What if members of the car-pool change during this six months?
- If the membership of a pool changes during the six-month term, please inform Parking Coordinator.
What if a member of my car pool loses the permit?
- You must advise Parking Coordinator and ask for a new permit. Post 16 will be notified of the permit number lost. In the event someone else attempts to use the ‘lost permit,’ they will be issued a ticket.