Due to the amount of high voltage lines, other power lines, phone/data lines, etc., we require that anytime an event or contractor proposes to penetrate any area of the Capitol Complex grounds by digging, boring or penetration with stakes, signs, etc., the following three (3) steps must be followed. Requests must be least five (5) working days prior to digging, boring or ground penetration.
- Contact Iowa One Call:
- Event Coordinators - call 800-292-8989 opt.2 for contractors and frequent caller. Request to set up a Joint Meeting Locate.
- Contractors for construction projects - call or complete the on-line ticket request.
- Complete the Capitol Complex Digging Application below and submit.
- One Call Participating Members will place their locate flags at the site with 'OK' on the ground or identifying the location of underground utilities.
Special note for Event Coordinator:
- Event Coordinator or representative of the group will mark the area(s) intended to be penetrated with white spray paint or white flags.
- Event Coordinator or representative of the group and DAS must be present for the Joint Meeting Locate.
Ground penetration on the Capitol Complex is not allowed
until the steps listed above have been taken and your event or project has been approved.