Due to the amount of high voltage lines, other power lines, phone/data lines, etc., we require that anytime an event or contractor proposes to penetrate any area of the Capitol Complex grounds, by digging or with stakes, signs, etc., the following procedures must be followed:
- Call Iowa One Call at 800-292-8989 opt. 2 'contractor/frequent caller' to request a Joint Meeting Locate.
- Requests must be least five (5) working days prior to ground penetration.
- A representative from the requesting group and DAS must be present for the Joint Meeting Locate.
- Complete the Capitol Complex Digging Application below and submit as indicated.
- Requesting groups will mark the area(s) intended to be penetrated with white spray paint or mark with white flags.
- One Call and/or Vannguard must place their locate flags appropriately in the areas.
Note: Event group / contractor requesting the locate will be responsible for the locate charge.
Ground penetration on the Capitol Complex is not allowed
until the steps listed above have been taken and your locations have been approved.