Employees will make their 2020 benefit elections in IowaBenefits.
- If you do not make any changes in your health or dental insurance during this Enrollment and Change period, your 2019 option and coverage level for health and dental will automatically remain the same in 2020.
- To participate in the Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or the Dependent Care FSA, or both, employees must enroll each year in IowaBenefits. If you wish to enroll for 2020, please visit IowaBenefits to update your 2020 election.
- All benefit elections for 2020 must be made in IowaBenefits, as outlined below.
- Once you have logged into IowaBenefits, you will go through a series of screens. Make sure you are on the “Open Enrollment Benefits” tab and click on the “Get Started” button. Once you have gone through the different benefits and saved those actions, IowaBenefits will display the confirmation screen as shown below.
ACTION IS NEEDED IN IowaBenefits DURING THE 2020 ENROLLMENT AND CHANGE PERIOD IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOUR SITUATION:
- Enroll, change, or cancel your health insurance plan.
- Change your coverage level.
- Add or remove eligible family members.
- Elect the health insurance opt-out.
- If no health coverage is needed, decline coverage.
- Enroll in dental insurance.
- Cancel your dental insurance.
- Change coverage from single to family or family to single.
- Add or remove eligible family members from dental insurance.
- Change the contract holder in a double spouse family contract.
- If no dental coverage is needed, decline coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Enroll in the Health Flexible Spending Account and elect up to a maximum of $2,700 in 2020.
- Enroll in the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and elect up to $5,000 if married and filing a joint tax return, or $2,500 if married and filing a separate tax return for 2020.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- Apply to increase the amount of supplemental life insurance up to the maximum amount available. The EOI for additional supplemental life insurance must be on file with The Standard by December 28, 2019.
- Decrease the amount of your supplemental life insurance election.
- Cancel your supplemental life insurance.
- Change whether the premiums for health, dental, and supplemental life insurance are taken pre-tax (before federal, state, and FICA tax) or post-tax (after federal, state, and FICA tax).
Important Dates to Remember
- Benefit elections made during the 2020 Enrollment and Change period are effective January 1, 2020.
- Increases to supplemental life coverage will be effective the first of the month after DAS receives The Standard’s approval.
- Changes to health and dental insurance deductions will be reflected on the pay warrant issued December 20, 2019.
- FSA elections will be deducted starting on the pay warrant issued January 3, 2020.
The 2020 Enrollment and Change period ends on October 29, 2019.