The annual Enrollment and Change period is your opportunity to review your health care options, dental care, supplemental life insurance coverage, and to decide whether you want to contribute to a Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or both, in 2020.
The next edition of “HRExpress” in October will contain more detailed information about benefits, premium rates, instructions on how to make changes, and schedules for informative webcasts. Here are some helpful highlights for employees to review in preparation:
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Increase and FSA Sign-Up
- The maximum Health FSA contribution increases to $2,700 in 2020, up from $2,650 in 2019. The maximum Dependent Care FSA contribution remains at $5,000.
- To participate in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or the Dependent Care FSA, or both, you must enroll each year in IowaBenefits.
- Health and Dental Enrollment for 2020 - If you do not make any changes to your health or dental insurance during this Enrollment and Change period, your 2019 health and dental options and coverage level will remain the same in 2020.
- Health Insurance - The Iowa Choice and National Choice options (for non-SPOC employees) and Alliance Select (for SPOC-covered employees only) will continue to be offered in 2020. There will be NO CHANGES in benefits for all three options for 2020.