Department of Administrative Services
DAS Customer Council
The DAS Customer Council provides a direct link between the Department of Administrative Services and our customers – other state agencies. Employees from customer agencies serve on the customer council and represent either small, medium, or large-sized agencies. The Customer Council oversees utility services provided by the four DAS enterprises. Beginning July 1, 2008, administration of the DAS Customer Council was moved to the Department of Management and four separate customer councils (representing the four enterprises of DAS) were consolidated into one council.
Jump to a section on this page:
The DAS Customers Council, according to Code and Administrative Rules, is charged with:
- annually reviewing and recommending action on DAS business plans as they relate to utility services;
- approving an internal procedure for resolution of complaints regarding utility services;
- approving the rate methodology and the resulting rates for utility services; and
- biennially reviewing the decision made by DOM regarding what services of which DAS is the sole provider.
The Council membership consists of the Chair (director of the Department of Management), Vice Chair (director of the Department of Administrative Services), four state agency representatives from large agencies (more than 700 employees), four state agency representatives from medium agencies (70-700 employees), three state agency representatives from small agencies (less than 70 employees), a judicial branch representative, two legislative branch representatives; one each from the House and Senate, and non-voting ex-officio members.
|July 30, 2012||3pm - 4pm, Hoover Building,
Level A-Conf. Rm. 6
|August 17, 2012||10am - 11am, Hoover Building,
Level A-Conf. Rm. 6
Please note that four separate customer councils existed prior to July 1, 2008: GSE, HRE, ITE, and SAE - I/3. Archives of their meetings can be found at the links below. As of July 1, 2008, the four DAS customer councils are consolidated into one customer council for the purposes of overseeing all utility rates provided by DAS.
- For archived customer council materials from 2003 - 2005, please visit the Iowa Publications Online website.
Contact Susan Churchill, Department of Administrative Services, at 515-281-3351.